Monday, March 1, 2010

Cleanse...

I've decided to get healthy. I've even publicly declared it in an on-line forum, yet I continue to do things that I believe are undermining my health. I love coffee. But I don't think it loves me. I gave it up for two weeks in February, along with my nightly glass (or two) of wine. Once the initial headaches were over, I actually felt a lot better. I felt more relaxed, focused, and better able to cope with my extremely busy and demanding schedule. I stopped feeling so achy all the time and felt like I actually had more energy.

Then along came a 'bad night'. I don't recall exactly what kept me up until two or three in the morning. Most likely I had fallen asleep and then was awaken by something. Sometimes it's just like that. You get the Big Eye as my Granny used to say. I should have just toughed it out, but that is almost never possible. When I stumbled downstairs, I reached for the pot and the two-week, no-coffee health kick was over.

It started out as just 1/2 cup, then a whole cup, now I am back up to 3 or more cups a day. Then the anxiety starts. I can't cope with the mountain of 'things' I imagine that I need to get 'done' every day. It really isn't as bad as I imagine it, but I find I cannot focus for very long on any one task.

So this month, starting today, I am going to 'try' to get healthy. Are you with me? haha! I am going to start with a cleanse. I've done this before and it ain't pretty. Your morning usually starts with a very exciting trip to the bathroom as your body tries to purge itself of the 'toxins' being flushed from your system.

I've chosen the Raw Cleanse product by Garden of Life because it is only seven days and all-natural. I think this month my blog will be devoted to my experiences with cleansing, going off coffee, exercising and well, getting healthy! If you have any experience with the Raw Cleanse product, I'd love to hear about it!

The NaBloPoMo challenge theme is 'Strange'. Well, I will comment on strange things along with updates on my getting healthy. After all, I'll probably have some fairly strange side-effects in the process!

No comments: