Sunday, March 14, 2010

Driving Hangover

I have a driving hangover. We drove two days, about 24 hours in the car, plus one overnight for some sleep, to get back home from Pagosa. When I finally stopped long enough after carrying in bags, I realized that my body felt like it was still in motion. I imagine this is what you feel like after you get off a boat after many days at sea. I closed my eyes and could see the white lines passing along with various cars.

The trip was mostly uneventful, just one traffic accident in St. Louis that probably set us back an hour. Other than that, it was smooth 'sailing'.

For entertainment, we listened to two different comedy channels on Sirius radio. It really made the time fly. I'm sure there were several times that passing motorists looked over and wondered about the two crazy chicks laughing hysterically. The only problem is that the stations re-run the comedy routines over and over, so that by the time we arrived home, we had nearly every routine memorized.

Now back to the routine, whatever that may be.

2 comments:

D. West Davies said...

Glad to hear you got home safe. Feel free to check out my All Things Pagosa Blog and All Things Pagosa YouTube channel to remember Pagosa Springs.
West

Vanillatte said...

Cool! Thanks for pointing me to your sites, D.!