Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Anti-Greeter...

I find the anti-greeters at Sam's Club to be very amusing.

You need a special card which you show to the greeter at the door when you enter.

You fill your massive cart with enough stuff to stock a small school, then proceed to the check-out where you once again have to show your card to the check-out person. Then you approach the door to leave with your 500 items and your two-foot long receipt where the anti-greeter awaits with her neon yellow highlighter and a stern look upon their face.

She takes your receipt, scans it in 2.5 seconds and proceeds to 'count' the items in your shoppping basket with her yellow highlighter. She 'dots' the air above and around the items with the highlighter while whispering non-sequential numbers just under her breath, as if she is actually counting every single item in your cart; 'twenty, thirty-five, fifty-one, ninety-nine, , two hundred seventy-three, aaaannnnnd, five hundred. Thank you Mr. Smith. Have a nice day.' She says as she swipes a long yellow line through the receipt and then hands it back to you.

Come on! No one can count five hundred items in twenty seconds. Why bother? I find it all rather annoying and amusing.

No customer service annoys me as well. Recently, I had to get on-line to pay an invoice. The website for the company (which shall remain un-named) was very annoying and not at all amusing. They have multiple areas where you can go depending on whether you are an 'agent', or a 'customer' or a 'company', etc. I simply wanted to pay my invoice. Now, one would think that if you ran a business, you would place a big, red button on your website that said something like PAY INOIVCE
I guess I'm asking too much. I finally called 'Customer Service' and explained my frustration to the company's representative. She said, 'yes, a lot of people have expressed their frustration with our website. I will have to  bring this up in the next meeting.' Ya think?

I now receive a paper invoice and print a paper check and put it in the mail. Not a step in the right direction.

No comments: