Thursday, March 4, 2010

Nothing strange to report...

Day Three of cleanse/detox. Not sure where I am going with this. This week wasn't a good one to start the cleanse because I have a lot of work to do and cannot take time off when I feel really crummy-which is how I felt yesterday. I haven't yet given up coffee, or my wine for that matter. I'm being completely honest here.

The Raw Cleanse has three elements. The first thing you do in the morning is take a packet of Toxin Defense and pour it into your mouth. This is followed with a bit of water to dilute the powder. You swish all of this around in your mouth for 45 seconds then swallow. It wasn't bad at all, though I did nearly choke on the powder prior to adding the water. It tasted rather vanilla-ey. It gets a little gooey and sticks to your teeth as well, which I find mildly annoying first thing in the morning before I've consumed anything else.

The second element is the Organ Detox capsules. You take six a day, three with each of your largest meals. I took three at breakfast and three with dinner.

The final element is the Digest and Elimination powder which you mix with juice and drink before bed. This doesn't taste bad at all and it REALLY gets you going in the morning. If you know what I mean.

I am hoping this will help with the aches and pains I have been experiencing lately. My back hurts all the time, along with my left elbow, left knee and my neck. I haven't been exercising as much lately because I am so sore all the time, but I think it is time to start again.

I've had one cup of coffee so far this morning. My goal is one cup of coffee, one glass of wine a day. I justify this because both coffee and wine (in moderation) are supposed to be good for a whole host of health issues, like Parkinsons, heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Of course, I can't drink the amount of coffee the diabetes study suggests migt lower risk, which is six cups. If I did that my heart would race uncontrollably and I'd never sleep. But at least it's good to know I'm not doing any damage with the amount I allow myself each day.

On the Strange side: If you decide to throw your hot coffee at a cop, then perhaps it is time to switch to decaf.

Cheers!










Photo copyright: © michael ledray

Dreamstime.com

No comments: