Friday, March 5, 2010

Cleaning, Cleansing and Strange Body Art...

I really didn't have cleaning in mind this morning, but thirty minutes after my son departed for school, I found myself 'flying into it'. (That's a Kentucky-ism for those of you who are wondering if I sprouted wings.) So, I flew into this cleaning job and started dusting, clearing countertops, sweeping, mopping floors. Power cleaning is good exercise and after about an hour of this, I realized my back was aching and I desperately needed a cup of coffee. So here I am, blogging, which is a lot more satisfying, especially since it is now 'Mud', umm, I mean March here and cleaning the floors is about as futile as shoveling the sidewalk in a blizzard.

I tend to 'hit the high spots' (another Kentucky-ism) when I power clean, thanks to my Mom.

Hi Mom! 

Cinnamon
Now, Mom keeps her house very clean and if I cleaned as well as she does, we could just do away with the kitchen table and eat off the floors. I just remember on those occassions when we helped clean house hearing her say, 'just hit the high spots'. Which meant you only had to get the really dirty spots. I've modified this a bit to 'just hit the REALLY high spots'. Which means I basically run a broom, then a mop down the center of the high traffic areas and neglect anything beyond the length of the handles. If I can't reach it, it doesn't exist.

I'm always shocked to find a mountain of dog hair-dust-crud behind a chair a month later.

So, I flew into it and now I am tard (tired) and consuming my second cup of coffee of the morning.

Oh, in case you are wondering, the cleansing is going okay, but I am undermining my efforts a bit. I picked a very bad time to do this anyhow. But, then again, I do not know when I would find a 'good time'. The Raw Cleanse protocol isn't too harsh and I do find I am starting to feel better. The aches and pains have subsided a bit.

On a strange note, check out this from the
World Bodypainting Festival Asia






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Photo © Chung Sung-Jun/Getty Images
I was going to wear that today, but it's still a little chilly outside and the tentacles would have interferred with my power cleaning. Perhaps next Friday!




No comments: